Homeschooling Your Child
This website is dedicated to parents who wants to start Homeschooling their kids. Here i have shared A to Z resources for Homeschooling your Children. If you have already decided to Homeschool your child then don’t worry. I am here to guide you for each phase of Homeschooling as i my self have 2 tens doing Homeschooling. Moreover i have 3 young children too. So i have gained good experience and practice.
Like a homeschooler you’ll have the freedom to show your child at the subjects and your pace you would like. You’re able to incorporate schooling and not be concerned about hours of prep to complete after a very long day at school.
As a home schooler or perhaps for the new home schooler, we are always in search of teaching tips. We as parents are natural home schoolers. Why you may ask? As a parent we did not have training but are basically learning on the job, home school parents are doing the same. I asked my children for some tips and those are included as well. Some of the basic teaching tips are listed below and although they may seem basic, it is important to remember that they will help us in making our home school a success.
- Trust God daily
- Don’t be afraid to try new things
- Important to develop a routine
- Always start by explaining the lesson or what is expected from each child.
- Remember to keep eye contact which will help is determining if the child is understands the lesson
- Try not to bore your child with endless talk, this is when they tend to daze off into their own little worlds
- Avoid asking ‘yes’ or ‘no’ questions
- Keep your explanations as simple as possible, especially if teaching younger children
- Being creative works very well, especially when explaining or asking questions
- Never stay too long on one subject
- Teach the kids to work together and share the responsibility
- Learn to be more flexible
- Practice your patience
- Involve your children, try to incorporate their interests into your schooling
- Make learning fun – homeschooling will be easier for you and your children
My name is Daisy and I am 40-something, married to the love of my life (yes, really) and have 5 beautiful children. I feel my life is very blessed and remind myself of that daily.. Aside from being a mommy, I am also a Doctor of Chiropractic by profession, freelance writer, business owner, office administrator, blogger, teacher (home school my kiddos), chef (for my family of 7), chauffeur, cheer mom, baseball mom, very involved in our church, and too many more to list.
I never thought that I would be a mom, yet a professional mom of 5!! I feel that God has changed my life dramatically and for the best. There was a time that I thought that being a professional was the most important career to have, but soon after having my first that all changed. I wanted to spend more time with my children, but didn’t think it was possible and have a healthy, relationship at the same time. Which is why after much prayer, I gave up my profession and decided to devote my time to my family.
Now, there are times, that I need to find time for myself which is why I blog. I love to write and share my experiences with others, even if they don’t want to hear it:) I also love to create, which is why one of my hobbies is jewelry making. I have been creating jewelry for many years, and at one time had a wonderful, successful business with it, but life got in the way and that ended and soon became my hobby again.
I have found that I truly enjoy writing, so that is what I do these days. I find that I can still be home, delegate responsibilities, home school and still have time to write. I don’t like crowds, so you will never find me at an amusement park, by choice, or a mall. Sad but true, although I love to shop, I can’t seem to concentrate on the task at hand in a mall, so I shop online, A LOT!!
I am having a blast and hope that you will come often to read about the adventures of a Dr. Mommy. And be sure to leave some comments:)